Experienced Legal Representation After a Crane Accident
In the aftermath of a serious construction site accident involving heavy equipment like a crane, questions arise immediately about fault and legal responsibility. Injured workers are frequently told that workers’ compensation is the only legal option to get paid back for medical bills, lost income and future medical needs.
That may not be true. Depending on the circumstances, you may have the right to seek financial compensation from other individuals or companies that played a part in causing your on-the-job injury.
New Jersey Workplace Injuries Law Firm
Get the knowledgeable opinion of an experienced workplace accident lawyer before accepting a workers’ compensation settlement as your only choice.
At The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, P.A., we have more than 35 years’ experience representing seriously injured workers after major construction accidents, including fatal accidents.
Attorney Michael P. Burakoff has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injured people in past cases. We work with accident reconstructionists, engineers, physicians, forensic accountants, vocational rehabilitation experts and life care planners to build a complete picture of the causes of the accident and our client’s medical and financial needs.
We handle complex construction site accidents involving cranes and other heavy equipment, investigating questions such as:
- Was the crane owner or operator properly trained and certified?
- Did unsafe working conditions contribute to the crane accident?
- Did the contractor, subcontractor or project owner comply with OSHA safety regulations regarding crane operation?
- If the accident involved electrical burns or a fatal electrocution due to overhead attachments coming in contact with power lines, did the crane operator comply with OSHA guidelines for the use of those attachments?
- If the crane overturned, was the crane itself poorly designed or manufactured with a defect? Did the owner or operator use enough counterweight or try to carry a heavier load than the crane could safely support?
Tracking down the answers to these questions gives the injured worker a better chance of getting a full and fair financial settlement.
At The Law Offices of Michael P. Burakoff, P.A., we dedicate ourselves to each client’s case, expending all the necessary energy and time to make sure our client gets all the compensation he or she is entitled to.
Contact us to schedule a free, private consultation. We have offices in Morristown, West New York and Newton.